这也是我仅有的一张关于这个被子的WIP照片，因为我几天前才用我的相机重新组合。I usually like to have a good progression of WIP pictures, but it simply wasn’t possible this time. The brief was for a “king-size” quilt for a wedding at the end of August. However, I couldn’t get any dimensions other than the standard measurements for a UK king-size mattress, which I based the size of the centre panel on. And I did manage to eventually get a colour brief of “maybe blue, definitely NOT brown” and some fabric picks to work with. I took it upon myself to throw in some cream-coloured fabric to warm things up a smidge. Given the circumstances, I shamelessly chose the simplest design I could think of – rail fence with some sashing. I think it actually took me longer to figure out how to sort out the sequence of 2″ squares around the centre than it did to piece the rails together.
With the borders, the quilt has ended up being approximately 80″ x 90″, so it’s a bit on the small size for a “proper” king-sized quilt, but there should be at least a bit of spare quilt to hang over the edge of the bed. It’s also easily the largest thing I have quilted to date. Nearly all of the construction and quilting was done while camping out for three weeks with my aunt and uncle, so I’m feeling like it’s lucky there’s a quilt at all. Also, I now feel I very much owe my aunt and uncle a quilt too – this beast would never have reached the quilting stage if they hadn’t engineered a chance for me to borrow the floor of the local village hall to do the pin-basting on and let me take over half their dining table and living room with quilting stuffs.
YESSSSSSSS !所有那些三角形，都聚在一起!So pleased with this one! For reference, here’s the original image I’ve been working on, created from平等的通过玩工艺品bob体育app下载苹果(谢谢Lori指出这是擅离职守!)
在此过程中所有实验的精神，我买了一些这方面的100％羊毛绵（我没有尝试过的羊毛还），我点了一些Aurifil线程棉被（我没试过Aurifil，要么）。我忍不住拿起一些超级可爱的锦鲤织物背面。They manage to combine all the colours in the fabrics of the top, and I like the idea that, if I go with my all-over frosty feathers quilting idea, they’ll look (hopefully!) like they’re swimming below a skim of ice. (I doubt I’m going to be that lucky, but I’m nothing if not ambitious!)
After trying this pattern, I came to the conclusion that, although my light and dark fabrics worked well, my medium fabrics were less effective because the print is just too large – in some places the medium triangles look reasonably obvious, in others they’re almost impossible to distinguish from the light triangles.