Although it’s not something I do often, I rather enjoy a bit of embroidery sometimes! I could do with more practice, really. I have quite a lot of odds and ends of cotton embroidery floss gathered over the years from second-hand shops and left over from small kit projects, so I couldn’t begin to say what colours or even brand(s) I used. I decided the most important thing was to make sure I had enough of a particular colour for whatever area I was stitching, and it all seemed to work out in the end. I was quite pleased with it when it was done!
In some ways, you could say that this has been a “distraction” from finishing other projects, but on the other hand it’s actually been one of the few reasons I’ve had recently to slope off to the craft room for a bit of quiet sewing that I’m not sure I would have managed otherwise, so on balance I don’t think this was a bad project to join up with! I’m not yet caught up with all the blocks, but I have made progress with several of them.
他们是…。好的？I liked the effect in general, but for me they didn’t sit as well with the other blocks as they might, so last week I whipped up a more “vanilla” version but gave myself permission to use some “virgin” FQs to make them. After all, if I didn’t have scraps in the colours I wanted, it was clearly time to create some!
Much better! These are a bit more zingy and modern in feel. Not sure if I’ll use all four yet, but at least I have the option.
六月的街区是经济广场by盛开的心脏绗缝和the城市编织块by缝中的咪咪说咪咪。The Economy Squares are super-easy to snap together and highly addictive! I bobbed together nine in no time at all to make the centre of a top for a Project Linus quilt:
如果我用半体积的东西替换铰链硬件，我正在使用一个坐在的箍。就像它一样，很难收紧它足以在最远点缝合时真正停止箍下垂。和数量法国结很缓慢！But it’s a nice project to have next to my chair in the sitting room because it doesn’t require loads of thought – just grab some variety of blue embroidery thread (so far we have cotton floss, silk perle, cotton perle, rayon and metallic threads) and get knotted! The beads have added a glitter and sparkle that I’m really enjoying and I also have more buttons and shells to add to break up the area. The tide’s coming in – slowly!
Oooo看！在旧的进展（非常老！）擦！I was having something of an off-day where I wanted to do something but didn’t want it to be anything terribly complicated or fussy, so I made myself trim down all the shockingly badly cut batik charm squares I bought to extend this Disappearing Nine-Patch:
Pro Tip - 4.75“是一个糟糕的在D9P被子中使用的广场大小！但我开始所以我想到我会尝试完成，所以稍后的一部分修剪和半个新的D9P块，我有这个：
Currently I’m thinking that the tall narrow one could become a wall hanging and the more square one might make a great bed or throw quilt. Hmmm, matching decor, too twee? I suppose I’ll find out! If I manage to organise myself a trip to the Festival of Quilts next month, I’ll be taking these two along with me and hunting for suitable batiks to make borders for them both. The loose plan currently is to base border designs on the batik designs present in the panel, if I can figure out how to implement them nicely.
这是我的块mod#thehoneypotbee.#asyouwishblock byTweety的alida喜欢绗缝。它受到Alida自己对信封块边界的建议的启发 - 我看到那些可爱的飞鹅，我的思绪也开始飞行！I’ve often wanted to play with “wonky” Flying Geese because so many of the designs with them are so striking, and I wanted to show that this was a letter with love in it, so I tweaked my Geese to slowly evolve into hearts.
Given the cracking deal I was getting on all the ties I’d found in the shop, I figured that a tenner for the mats wasn’t bad going and so they came home with me. I’m not a huge collector of embroidered pieces but these were rather appealing. But what to do with them? The obvious idea, given my growing interest in patchwork and quilting, was to use them as appliqued elements in a quilt, but the linen ground fabric looked “wrong” on the quilting-weight cottons I sat them on and the local fabric shop’s linen offerings weren’t much better, being quite a coarser weave and in not terribly attractive colours. Back to the charity shops, then! The linen used in clothes is usually a fairly fine, nice quality and I decided it would be quite fitting to applique my charity-shop embroidered mats to charity-shop linen patchwork.
To date, this has been a real back-burner project, rumbling on gradually as I’ve slowly collected resources for it. The clothes have been washed as I collected them (some of them more than once after an Unfortunate Coffee Incident…), but not taken apart because I was afraid of it all shredding before I could do anything sensible with it – piecing the body of the top is definitely an “in one fell swoop” task, I feel.