I could maybe have been a lil more creative with the quilting, but in the end I kept things fairly simple, with sharp stippling in red and back on the masks and smooth stippling on all the background areas. The eyes and mouth were left largely unquilted because I liked the way that looked.
The back shows the quilted design really clearly as well:
Because this is intended as a wall hanging, I added corner pockets at the top to hold a dowel, and did reasonably successful machine binding for the first time ever thanks to the application of loads of Clover wonder clips:
All the quilting was done by using the 6D spring foot with Guettermann Sulky rayon thread, a 80/12 embroidery needle, a tension of 4.0 and a pivot height of -1.
我没有任何跳过的缝线（我注意到）和很少的线程破裂。这是我最后一次尝试的巨大改善quilting with rayon！！这一次，线程表现得很厉害，甚至让我在一些作用的地方涂上一些作用的地方，因为我不知情的FMQ技能。呜！
It’s in the post to its new home now and I will be in a mild state of anxiety until I know that it’s arrived safely and that its new owner likes it – most Craftster swaps are done with a reasonable degree of secrecy so unless she’s checked out this blog, the recipient should have no idea what I’ve sent her. *bites nails nervously*